Three Sisters and Us is back!

I honestly didn't know what to title this blog post. So that is as good as it will get, "WE'RE BACK!"


I don't even know where to begin. Just over a year ago I decided to take a break from blogging and focus mainly on m Daughters and myself. There has been many big changes in our lives. I will be speaking and opening up about these changes on the blog. So what have we been up to this past year? Well....Let me give you a short recap. More details to come as I blog.

In August 2016 my divorce was finalized. Yes that's right, I have been going through the process of divorce during this past year. Divorce is not something I wish upon on anyone. It has given me a whole new outlook on life. You will learn that my divorce was not that simple and a lot of pain in the beginning. I will touch on this subject on the blog.

In April of 2016 I found God in a whole new perspective and professed my faith. It was the first time I spoke out about my journey in front of the church congregation let alone anyone. I learned in that moment I don't need to hide my battles and fears. There are many other people just like us going through similar situations and only God can judge.

In August of 2016 My Daughters and I moved out of the suburbs into the country. Yeah.....it was a whole new world to us. I learned that I am not so much a country gal.

In February 2017 My Daughters and I moved back to the city. This time the big city, here in the heart of Grand Rapids. It was a big change getting use to living in a bigger city. The only downfall is the traffic. Other than that we are slowly adapting to it and loving it. We live close by a big park that we have found to enjoy.

In the midst of all of this beautiful chaos I have met an amazing Man. He didn't have to endure my beautiful chaos but he did and I am forever grateful! He is amazing with my daughters. I didn't let them meet till we were serious for seven months.  How long do you think a parent should wait before introducing them to their significant other?  I felt very strong about this topic. I'd love to hear your input in a comment below!

During the past year I have been learning a lot about co-parenting. I have researched and borrowed books based on co-parenting from the local library. Therefore this will be one of my main topics on the blog now. Co-parenting is a topic I feel that needs to be addressed. There are many positives to co-parenting than we realize. It's all about the kids in reality. Putting our needs second and our children's needs before ours. I have learned myself that resentment does not go in hand with co-parenting.

I am now a working Mom as a CNA. I also have been in the progress of starting college again this coming fall. I am very excited for this journey and to also show my Daughters you can do anything you put my heart and mind to. I'm going into Human resource management for my bachelors and associates in business management.

After the past year we have grown as a family and are stronger than ever. We appreciate the love and support from our family and friends.


post signature