God Was On My Side

Lately I have fallen into a trap. A trap where I have felt distant with some issues lately. I am not depressed by any means. Don't worry I know what depression is. Sometimes we all just fall into these not so likable ruts. It's like having a bad day maybe for a week or couple. Ha ha.

Lately I haven't been putting the faith I should be into God. I believe this afternoon on my way to pick up our daughter from preschool God was trying to remind me he is still there.

 It has been raining all morning and still was while I was driving to pick up my daughter. Not mention I had my littlest with me in her car seat of course in the backseat. We have to take a short drive on the highway to get to Viv's school. While on the highway a car in front of me had spun out. My guess is from all the rain. It was raining pretty hard and not the easiest to see at the time so it came almost out of nowhere. Or should I say happened out of nowhere? As I started to slam on my breaks in hopes to prevent an accident because my first initial reaction was to switch lanes, was not an option at that exact moment. As I am slamming on my breaks I hear a loud horn or some noise that sounded like loud air breaks. (We have a few truck drivers on my side of the family.) As I quickly glanced in my rear view mirror I noticed a semi. First thoughts were I'm dead. I'm gong to T-bone this car that just spun out if I can't stop. Then this semi is going to slam into me if he can't slow down or stop in time. At that moment I couldn't think of anything but praying to God. I told him I need to pick my daughter up from school. She would hear the sirens from her school if this accident happened! I have a little two year old in my back seat and another daughter at a different school! At that moment of of literally seconds but felt like minutes in slow motion, somehow the semi was able to swerve over and make his way around me and I managed around the spun out car.

I thank God nobody was hurt and honestly started crying like a baby because I was so happy! Maybe it was God's way of saying, "hey don't forget I am still here for you and you need me right now." Or maybe it was just a fluke thing. But it made me realize I was pushing God aside all over again and I can not do that!

3 comments

MiMi'z Houz said...

Enjoy your story. God will never leave us nor forsake us.

HickChickBritt said...

Oh wow! So scary. Thank God everyone was alright!

Kaitlyn Hoffman said...

Thank you!