My Birthday Weekend!

My Birthday weekend was pretty awesome and spent with loving family and friends. I wouldn't have wanted it any another way. Even though not all the plans go according to, I still counted my blessings and enjoyed my weekend of celebrating.
 Friday night we spent it with my amazing family; my parents along with my brother and his girlfriend and of course all the kids. That was seven kids in our house. Maybe a little crazy, but being with family is what it's all about. We ordered pizza and enjoyed each others company.
 Saturday morning I had a surprise call from my parents; my dad was going to babysit my daughters while my mother took me out for lunch and shopping. Something they knew I desperately needed. I enjoyed the time out spending it with my own mother. I was pretty excited I got 4 shirts and a pair of high waist jeans. Yes you read high waist jeans; I have been looking all over for them. I officially feel like I'm back in style.

 Later in the evening we were off to my birthday dinner date with another couple. We enjoyed dinner at the Bistro Bella Vita, even though we had an hour wait. I enjoyed my free birthday creme brulee and made sure they did NOT sing "happy birthday". After dinner, we were off to bowl. That was the main thing I wanted to do for my birthday. Your never too old for bowling. I had friends already there and my husband's cousin who I also grew up with; small world! I had so much fun letting lose and just being me. Even though I admit I totally suck at bowling. I decided the loser is the the winner.

To end the lovely weekend, we spent our family time as our usual Sundays. Also of course that involves donuts for breakfast and squeezing in a trip to the grocery store. I feel so thankful my husband and my daughters offered to come along with me because my anxiety is through the roof when I'm alone in public. With that being said I am starting for the first time ever an anxiety prescription. This past year I have been emotionally dragged through mud and developed a severe case if anxiety and slight case of depression. Never have I thought I would have to medicate myself; therefore I'm having a hard time with this. On the positive side, I had an amazing birthday weekend and I have an awesome supporting family.

I am asking for all prayers for this prescription causes nausea for the first week starting it. God bless!

2 comments

Shannon said...

I take mine at night, then if my stomach is a bit woozy I don't feel it, or I eat something small with it. Good Luck and Happy Bday!!

The OT Toolbox said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday weekend! Enjoy and happy Birthday!