First Day of Kindergarten!

Yesterday was Evalyn's first day of Kindergarten! The preparations the night before was full of excitement. I was of course hiding my mixed emotions inside. I wanted her to know how how excited I was for her and not sad and nervous. I have to admit, I was holding back tears making her very first school lunch. Of course picking out her outfit for the first day was exciting! She knew exactly what she wanted to wear. I think she knew what what outfit she wanted to wear since we went school shopping, hehehe! With lunch packed and her outfit lay ed out for the next morning, it was bedtime. I, myself could not sleep for the life of me. I toss and turned all night long.
before I knew it, the clock said 5:00 am. I lay in bed listening to the storm, praying I can hold myself together when I walk her to her classroom. As we woke up; the morning school routine was not out of the ordinary for us. We ate breakfast, her choice of pop tart and a organic banana. I am not a fan of pop tarts ,but allow them only once in a while. before we knew it, it was time to leave. My heart is racing with anxiety, while she is calm and excited.

As we walk to her class because it was pouring rain on her first day, the anticipation was building. I could see on her face, she was curious who her new classmates were going to be. She was shy walking in her classroom. I followed behind her to show her where her hook/ cubby hole is. I was able to show her how you can take out your lunch box and put in the shelve above. I think she thought it was pretty special she has her own spot for her lunch box! Next I lead her to her seat where she will be sitting, labeled with her name. As I looked up, I saw a mom in tears. It brought me back to Evalyn's very first day of Preschool. I cried my heart out the whole way home after dropping her off that day! I snapped back into it, and told myself, "don't lose it!" Before I knew it, it was time for them to start their first day of Kindergarten! I gave her my hugs and kisses, I love you, have fun, and see you later! As she was probably thinking, okay mom! Hehehe!

Walking back to the car with felt a little strange. From now on it's just me, Vivian and Helen at lunch time. The house was pretty quiet. I'm not sure yet what Vivian is thinking, but I do know she misses her big Sissy during the day!

Viv and I walking back.
In the end her first day of full time Kindergarten went great. She couldn't wait to go back! I am so excited to watch her grow and excel through out this school year.









No comments