Starbucks Lipstick Legend

I love lipstick. I wear typically wear lipstick five out of seven days in the week. Lipstick is a great accessory to have in your make-up bag.

I have to start off with this some what of a funny, yet true story. Yes the main character is myself and this happened just this past week at our local Starbucks that I am a regular at.

I had a coffee date with my Mother at our local Starbucks this past week one evening. Not to mention during their busy "college study and free wifi homework time." Previously to walking out of my home, I had applied the finishing touches to my outfit...lipstick. If you know me I love lipstick, my daughters love lipstick and we love looking at lipstick in the stores. I love wearing the latest color trends and the more settle color tones as well.

The color I ended up wearing into Starbucks was a very bright pink.. Let me tell you I didn't realize this until I walked into Starbucks. I open the door, step inside and heads turn like always, then their paralyzed. At first I was confused why all the stares. Then I had that ah-ha moment. The dang lipstick! They must have all been prettified for me.

As what felt like a lifetime of me standing in the entrance, I continued to walk the red carpet over to the counter to order my usual: skinny vanilla latte. Again, the baristas stood there talking with their eyes while ever so glancing over at my; yes I already knew my bright as heck pink lipstick. I wanted to badly say something while ordering my latte, but I continued on pretending they knew nothing about fashion or trends.

if you don't know already, I am an extrovert, therefore when I stand out it does not bother me, I almost enjoy it. So when this went down in history my Mother and I had a huge laugh when she arrived after she ordered her coffee.

Lets just say they will probably remember me by the lipstick lady, ha ha! And lesson learned...be careful what lipstick advice you take from your 5 year old daughter. Even if it is just to please them. And the next time I go to that Starbucks I should walk in wearing this shirt. You can find this cute shirt HERE.
photo credits: victoria secret.com 


                       post signature

5 comments

Rebekah said...

I definitely think you need that shirt! I am the total opposite of you. I'm so scared of lipsticks. I want to find the perfect nude/light pink lipstick, but my husband is anti-lipstick so I've never taken the plunge. I'd love to see the lipstick you were wearing that day!

Rebekah
www.rebekahanne.com

Jasmine @ The Jasmine Maria said...

need that shirt in my life lol

Unknown said...

I'm definitely a lipstick wearer, it's the perfect accessory!

Unknown said...

I like wearing lipsticks but have never gone for anything too bright, maybe I'll have to in the near future after hearing this ;)

Unknown said...

I love wearing lipstick and go from bright pinks and reds to neutral blush and nude. Such a fun little story!
xo, Laura
www.have-need-want.com