What To Wear?!

You may not have guessed trying to figure out what you should wear would be an issue as a young Mother. It was more of a stressful matter for myself when I was a young Mother around the age of 18. Even still is somewhat to this day at the age of 26. Though my style and taste is starting to mature a tad.
I did not dress...lets see, how can I put this without using judgmental sounding like words, without taste? I dressed like your typical eighteen year old in the summer with shorts and tanks that were sold in the juniors department. I did have modesty. In the winter months I wore what was in style for the seasons. I still do and am always doing my best to keep up with the times and my age. But I somewhat felt I had to dress older than what I am because I was/am a Mom at a younger age.

I  wasn't ready to step into the women's department just because I was a Mother now. Hello I was only eighteen at the time. I was judged back then when I would be out in public for many reasons. One, because I was a teenage mom I know. Two, because I didn't make-over my whole wardrobe to what others expected it should have been. That's when I started to realize what society expects of us as human beings and as Mothers. It amazed me and put me in shocked me. I knew I wasn't about to join to today's society and become what's the word, camouflage. I never would regardless if I were a young Mother or not, and those who know me know that also.

So I stuck to my fashion style for my age no matter what. And today I stick my tongue out at society like my two year old daughter. Sorry if you think that is childish.

Which brings me to yesterday at Target with my lovely Husband. I had my eye's on these Pants for some time now. He's not a fan. When I say not a fan, he thinks they are hideous looking. And when he thinks that I honestly start to second guess myself because he's actually great when it comes to fashion and loves to shop. I know I am a lucky lucky gal.

While I am hanging onto the pants he brings up how I have gotten rid of his old shirts. Typical guy right? By old in my offense, old is from high school shirts. Because the conversation about me be judged about what I wear vs. being a young mom came up. So again in my offense I am no longer wearing close I wore in high school. Do you agree it's time he lets go of his clothes from high school if he wants to buy new clothes?  <Enter chuckle here. >  Let me tell you he has no room for more clothes, ha ha.

Therefore our jokingly conversation continues and I mention how I can start dressing in the department way at the other end. Which I do find some clothes in misses sometimes. Needles to say, we walked out of Target with my pants I originally wanted. I can't wait to wear them on date night. Ha ha.

Though now I am starting to as I call it, blend in with the motherhood scene. My kids are just a tad but older than some kids. Or I am younger than most Mothers in my Daughter's grades.

PS. Don't forget to LINK up with us at the TGIF blog & instagram HOP if you haven't already!

                   post signature

1 comment

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

She's just as beautiful as her mom!
Angie
PS - Just making sure that you received my email about the GBT features post?