The Story Behind Helen's Stuffed Ribbit -ESOTROPIA

It's about time I share the story about Helen's Ribbit. Ribbit is the name she choose for her stuffed frog. She calls all frogs ribbit's even though she knows their proper name is frog.

It was the night before Helen's big day. The day of her eye surgery to correct the esotropia in both her eyes. Even though she already had her special stuffed animal, I wanted to get her a simple gift for the day of her surgery. Another stuffed animal. Or should I really say a stuffed amphibian frog in science terms? Helen had a thing for frogs then and still does to this day. Or should I say for ribbits.

Before the three of us left for Target to see what we could find, in hopes to find a stuffed ribbit, I said a prayer. At this moment I was alone in a room in our home. I often like to pray alone. I have been struggling with with many emotions about Helen's surgery coming up for sometime before hand. Now we were down to the night before.

As I sat in the room by myself praying I all of a sudden felt this overwhelming sense of ease. A sense that everything was going to be alright, I was going to be calm, Helen was going to be okay, Surgery was going to be successful, everything was going to go smoothly. At that very moment it felt like we had two guardian Angels watching over us. I all of a sudden broke down in tears from feeling at ease. Something I have not felt in months prior to Helen's surgery. I didn't open up to many people about my prayer and feeling at ease for a while after Helen's surgery.

Once I collected my tears, we were off to Target. The first thing I had on my mind was to get to the toy section and look for a stuffed ribbit. Lone behold there was right before my eyes one lovely perfect as can be stuffed ribbit. As if it were meant to be. As if our guardian Angels were telling us they were going to be with us every step of the process.

Ribbit was a major part of Helen's surgery day. Ribbit helped her get through so much. I still believe to this day it was all apart of her guardian Angels. And another reason why I am a believer in the power of prayer.

                 post signature

1 comment

Queen Mom Jen said...

Oh this is so very sweet. Hope all went well for your beautiful little girl.