Meet Betsey!

It happened sooner than expected since our last family dog had passed away from old age in dog years. We healed as much as you really can.

It was Valentine's day when we decided okay we are ready to adopt our next family dog. We are officially ready. We knew we wanted to rescue/ adopt our next family dog again. Besides what's a better gift to give a dog on Valentine's day? A warm loving home with a family.

I feel there are so many dogs out there that need families and our help. Just the thought of it makes my heart ache. Have you ever adopted a dog into your family?
Happy Valentine's Day Betsey and girls!!
Photo credit: West Michigan Humane Society

With that being said, meet Betsey! Her name is based off of fashion industry. Of course right? Ha ha! I didn't want her name to be too cliche. She is a pit bull mix. Barley two years old; still in the puppy stage.

We have fallen in love with Betsey. I mean how could you not. She is well mannered and great with our daughters. Though we are still working on some basic commands with her at home and in her class she just started. We wanted the best training for her therefore we enrolled her in a six bully class.  It is a class strictly for the "bully" bread dogs. I have to admit she is the best trained dog in the class so far. Proud mama here!

Betsey Facts

  • She loves to snuggle.
  • She love to give out kisses.
  • She is a blanket stealer.
  • She loves to learn.
  • She loves hot dogs and string cheese.
  • We believe she had puppies at some point.
  • She loves to play fetch and is only allowed real tennis balls. 
  • She chews every dog toy we bought her apart within minutes. 
Since owning a pit bull mix we have learned a lot more than what we already studied about the breed. It's really so sad that people do not give them a chance. The characteristics of our Betsey just amaze me how caring she is and for people to down talk any "bully" bread just sickens me. Now I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I won't dislike you for that at all. I may tell you to do your research, ha ha! Or meet our dog and your mind will change eventually. Trust me it happened to my parents. I will tell you that our pit bull is more affectionate than our chocolate Labrador was and she is not a ghetto dog by any means.
Training with Mom at home. Focusing on "watch me" command.
                      Welcome to our family Betsey and may we continue to have fun training!

                post signature

4 comments

Queen Mom Jen said...

Our dog is turning 14 this next month. She was our first baby before the other 4 human babies. It is going to be a sad day when we loose her.

Kaitlyn Hoffman said...

It is always so hard to lose a fur family member. 14 years is amazing!

kaitlyn

Casey at The Messmers said...

Betsey is gorgeous! What a great new addition to your family! I am so happy that you adopted/rescued her. Nothing makes my heart happier than pit bulls. The majority of the ones I have met (and I live in St. Louis city) have been nothing but big sweethearts.

Casey-Love and Waffles

Amanda Moments said...

She's adorable and I love her. Pitties are AMAZING dogs.