Lets Pretend It's Spring!

Don't get me wrong I am not usually one to complain about the winter months being so cold or snowy or the summers being to hot and sticky. But my oh my has this winter been chilled, brisk, or an intense one. Right now it's -5 degrees so I couldn't decide which word to choose when I felt they all fit well. Or at least when I wrote this post yesterday morning.

The other week when it was actually warm enough the bring our daughters outside to play in the snow, Viv did not want to come inside. That was unusual behavior for her. Normally her idea of playing outside during the winter months is me spending, what seems to be about ten minutes bundling her up for the great white tundra only for her to come back indoors ten minutes of being outside.

That was far from the case the other week after we made a slide out of snow. Once I pulled her around on the sled for a short while. Who knew what a work out pulling a child on a sled could be?! Finally after making chairs in the snow and about 40 minutes later she was still reluctant about coming inside the house. Don't worry she was not showing sign of getting cold yet. As you can see I double bundled her up. Maybe that was my fault or just great parenting?

So as I stood there while the sun was actually shinning on my checks for one of the few days during the month of January I couldn't help notice my yellow bistro set staring at me while siting on my front porch. It was so lonely and teasing me from all the warm summer memories. I'm sure you can see where this is going.  Since my lovely four year old was not ready to come inside yet after 40 minutes I choose to sit on my yellow bistro set, prop my feet up as I would if it were summer. Let me remind you I was bundled up wearing my husband amazing hunting gear to keep warm. Ha ha!

Now I don't know if this really helped the fact that I have major cabin fever or not. Maybe it made me wish spring upon us more rapidly now. Or maybes it's the fact that mother nature threw winter in us Michiganders faces earlier than the typical norm. After all we haven't seen the greens of the grass since the beginning of November and it has been one of the coldest winters for us on record.

Therefore due to this dreadfully brisk and snowy winter I am going to enjoy this spring and summer months more than the past summer. In fact probably more than I ever have in the past.

                  post signature

No comments