IT'S ABOUT WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD

If you don't already know our family dog had passed away from old age a little while ago. READ HERE about our final good-bye. After he passed it hit me pretty hard. Honestly I knew I would be heartbroken, but I didn't not think I would feel so sorrowful for a few weeks. Don't get me wrong I still feel saddened by the loss of our family dog.

After a few weeks have passed I did not touch his belongings. His dog bowls still remained in the same place.  Although his dog bed was placed in the basement because it was just too big to keep in our bedroom if it was not going to be in use. And lets face it, we certainly weren't going to use it. His large bag of dog food I had just purchased was still remained taking up all the floor space in my small coat closet.  At first in all honesty I did not want to move his belongings. As time grew on and two weeks had passed us by, I figured it was time for me to part with his things. I knew I wanted to donate his belongings to a dog rescue since we had rescued him from a shelter.
These photos are from the animal rescue website, sharing our once beloved dog's bed.

I did not know where to start so I had put up a facebook post stating I had a free bag of dog food. That was when a family friend of ours messaged me about a dog rescue organization she knew of. I was on board. She knew how busy of a young mom I am so she even offered to swing by our house and pick up his belongings. Perfect and so thought of her I thought. Later that we she stopped by and picked up the dog bed, food bowl, and his big bag of dog food that I had just purchased. I didn't see know sense in returning it to the store. 
A few days ago this lovely family friend of ours tagged me in a picture of the rescue dogs in the shelter sharing our once beloved family's dog's bed. I almost cried. I was so happy to see other rescue dogs who will soon be adopted into a loving family comfortable. It's amazing how doing good for others, whether they may be human or animals can make you feel inside. They don't know I donated the stuff and they don't need to know. It's not about the recognition. It's about how it makes you feel inside.

You can find Bellowood Rescue Facebook page here.

1 comment

Unknown said...

Katie what a great idea. I never thought of that. They to have so many needs that we don't see.