Fighting The Flu; Holistic Remedy

I hate saying this, but it finally it our home. The dreadful flu. Not just one strand of the flu but the two different strands. The cold flue like symptom's and the evil stomach virus. What are the odds right? That's exactly what I thought at 6:00 AM Thursday morning. It also crossed my mind that one of my two biggest fears had come true, all three kids were sick all at once. Since becoming a mother I wondered if this were even possible. Well, yes it was.

At that moment I realized I had not yet stocked up on or made elderberry syrup for the cold and flu season. How could I let this happen?! It was my husbands day to work super late. Therefore I am so thankful to have my Mother-in-law and Mom live not to far from us. After all I was trapped in a house playing nurse with three sick daughters, so my Mother-in-law made the trip to the health food store for me to pick up the elderberry syrup. I couldn't be more thankful. Later in the afternoon my Mom stopped by with the chicken noodle soup, bananas and ginger root.  Thank you again! As the day progressed my biggest fear number two came true. Getting sick while all three sick are sick. Once again, is that really possible? Yes, yes it is. Let's just say, I had to end up calling my husband in defeat. He ended up coming home late in the evening from his work. 

So your probably wondering why am I writing about my family getting slammed with the flu. Well some friends wanted me to share my holistic side of taking this nasty, gross and not so fun illness head on. So here I am and wanted to give a little insight where it started to give you an idea how bad we were feeling. Elderberry syrup made myself and my kids feel better within hours. Ever since last year we have start taking Elderberry syrup. Now I prefer to make it myself but as I stated previously I did not have time yet this season. I will though and show you in a later post. So stay tuned. 

FIGHTING THE FLU
Elderberry syrup; a holistic remedy
*Please note I am not a Doctor nor am I Holistic Certified. *

Benefits of taking Elderberry Syrup!
*Treats cold and flu, coughs
*It can reduce flu like symptoms if taken within 24 hours when feeling them coming on.
*It may help relieve nasal congestion.
*reduce swelling in mucous membranes.
*Improves vision, lowers cholesterol and  benefits heart health
*People who took elderberry syrup have reported feel lesser symptoms and recover quicker than those who do not. 
*It is high in Vitamin A and C
*It is great for you to even take daily to boost your immune system, and build those walls. 

Where you can buy Elderberry Syrup!
You can purchase elderberry syrup at your local health food stores. Check ahead if you don't feel like making an extra trip like me. Here are a couple health food stores that carry Elderberry Syrup.


APPLE VALLEY NATURAL FOODS
6070 Kalamazoo Avenue Southeast
Kentwood, MI 49508
(616) 554-3205




I know they sell the actual Elderberries but not sure about the syrup! 


Have a wonderful weekend!!


No comments