Weekend getaway. At the cabin.

Friday I was busy packing while counting down the hours till we left to the cabin. It was time for us to take a step out of the bubble of "go go go" and step into the bubble of relaxation. Saturday morning we woke to freshly fallen snow. Just a light dusting. Just enough in my eyes. Still enough for the girls to enjoy it. Still a sufficient amount to beautify the morning view while I sipped my coffee sitting next to the warming stone fire place inside. 


Snow doesn't stop us. We still have fun. When we have had enough, we head inside and warm our up with hot coco and marshmallows.


 Of course while we were at the cabin we had to visit our Dog Porter's grave. If you don't remember he had passed away from old age a couple weeks ago. It personally hit me harder than anyone in the family. He is buried next to my husbands family dog. They were "dog" buddies.





We were really able to sit back and enjoy our family time. It was well needed. Although it always lovely to get away it also feels nice to come back home. Isn't that what getaways are for? Ha ha. Now I start the planning for Thanksgiving since I am hosting it at my home this year. 

Are you hosting Thanksgiving dinner?

5 comments

Rachel said...

That sounds like a fun little family getaway, even with a dusting of snow!

Tami said...

First, I must tell you how gorgeous your girls are!
I am jealous that you have a cabin. Two things I love are the beach and the woods.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My doggie, Teddy passed away the end of August and I still feel grief. The place you choose for Porter is perfect. =)

Kaitlyn Hoffman said...

Thank you so much! Secondly, the cabin is my in-laws! But we are blessed to use whenever we would like. Sorry for your loss as well.

Kirst Semler said...

Your family is so beautiful! Same with that cabin! Love the snow! Found you through the blog hop! New follower :)
Kirstie
semlerfamily.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

What a fun time!
We are having Thanksgiving Dinner at our place!
Happy Thanksgiving!