Saying Good Bye To Our Furry Family Member...

Today was a difficult day for us as we said our final good byes to our family dog Porter. We rescued Porter 5 years ago from a shelter and welcomed into the family as if he were one of our own kids; just with fur. It didn't take long for him to understand he was here to stay with us. As time went on baby number 2 came home and then baby number 3. He greeted both girls with such calmness yet excitement since he loved babies. He was literally the perfect dog for a family. He very rarely barked.


Don't get my wrong he did have his naughty side. He enjoyed getting into the trash while we were gone. Even though he acted as if he was not the brightest crayon in the box, he sure tricked us at times. He was also a great guard dog even though he was probably the friendliest dog you would have meet. People would walk around our yard in the street when he was outside. He he he.

One thing I didn't mind about Porter that others couldn't stand was his droll. I couldn't help but laugh when he started drooling and grossed everyone out. Even though he was an 80 pound Labrador, he still thought he was a lap dog. I was okay with that to be honest because he kept me warm. There are so many great memories. I could go on and on.

So today we buried him up at the cabin next to his fury buddy Leo. We can go visit his doggy grave when ever we go up there. I didn't think it would be so hard to lose a pet dog. But then again he was not just a pet dog; he was my fury kid. The girls are doing okay with their loss. They understand he's in heaven now; at least the older two understand. Helen has been asking "doggy home?" I think she was asking in her own words if doggy is coming home. I felt terrible.

I am comfortable to say he passed of old age. We think he had a heart attack while sleeping in the comfort of his doggy bed at home. It felt sudden even though he has been aging this past year. I am relieved for the fact he is no longer in pain. Who knew it would be so hard to say good bye.

RIP Porter boy!!








1 comment

Secret Obsession said...

Im sorry about what happened to Porter. He sounds like a really great pet ;)

Following back from the Grab a Friend Blog Hop! :) Have a great week!