Juicing Recipe For Kids!

For a while now I have been working on transforming our everyday eating habits into a more natural plant based eating lifestyle for my family. Of course can't forget our nuts and seeds. A few deciding factors behind this healthy decision for my family are;

  •  I myself am a chronic migraine sufferer and would like to get off the medication and allow food to be my medicine.
  • We have been battling with our youngest having possible food allergies. I am thinking along the lines of gluten, grains, wheat's and so on. We have tried the no dairy diet for her and that did not help.
  • The documentary called, "Hungry For Change" has made me take that final step. I totally recommend everyone to watch this important documentary. I thought I knew a lot already, but I have learned so much more to be honest. 
  • Also to teach our children the importance of natural healthy living. 
It's not all fun and games at times with the kids. Of course they don't want to eat foods like kale and spinach. That is where juicing comes in handy. I have fallen in love with juicing. It just amazes me quit frankly. Maybe because yesterday I had a break through! My girls helped me make our juice; so they saw exactly what was going into the juice. Afterwards we poured it into our cups and slipped in an ice cube and.....they drank the juice! I wanted to jump up and down and shout "oh yeah oh yeah!" After I posted the picture of my daughter drinking the juice on my personal facebook page, I had friends commenting asking how I was able to get my girls to drink the juice. So here is the recipe I used also called magic juice from our daughters.

Green Juice/Magic Juice
(This makes about 1.5-2 cups) 
* 1 bunch of kale
*3-4 hand fulls of fresh spinach
* 4 apples
* 1 hand full of blueberries
( I learned blueberries do not give off a lot of juice)






3 comments

menopausal mama said...

That's wonderful that you got your little one to drink the healthy juice---I need to try this with my granddaughter!

KC @ genxfinance said...

Whoaw! She drank it? Impressive. I got to try this as well...

TJ said...

That's cute. A new way to get your kids to enjoy veggies. Be sure to browse my reviews of best juicers on the market