Coffee Shops

So I have to admit I love the downtown Grand Rapids atmosphere. Really, I love the atmosphere of about any nice downtown city. The selection of generations and culture are a much greater variety. I love how cities are outgoing with people walking around and many cute shops trying to survive. But one of my favorites is the coffee shops. I love myself some great coffee or a mocha. Don't get me wrong, I love places like Starbucks, but I'd much rather go to a little coffee shop. The coffee shops in the old buildings with original wood flooring and details. Where the baristas actually know a thing or two about coffee. 


 With that being said, I found my favorite coffee shop as of right now. During a mommy day out with a dear friend we tried this new coffee shop called, The Sparrows; a coffee, tea and news stand. To me this wasn't your ordinary coffee shop. It's sells newspapers and magazines that you may read while sipping on your hot coffee or loose leaf teas. Of course the toys for children on the shelf caught my eye right away. It has the lovely vintage touch to it. The original creaky wooden floors and many other aspects to. Not to mention they make the best mocha; sorry Starbucks! It doesn't have that strong chocolate flavor to it. And can we say organic! Yup they have organic coffee. Even the sugar packets for your coffee are organic. If only it wasn't 10 minutes away on a day with good traffic. 



Don't forget you may follow me on instagram to view more pictures!




2 comments

Anonymous said...

Hola!
Love the post. I too am fond of quaint little charming coffee shops! Thanks for linking up!

~SimplyyMayra :)

Trashy Blog said...

I love anything coffee, coffee shop, coffee shoppy, etc., etc. I can imagine how awesome this place must have been. Sounds divine!