Shes getting glasses..

At Helen's recent check up a couple months ago her pediatrician noticed her right eye was not always aligning or following with her left eye. Also known as esotropia. In simple words; cross eyed. To her concern as well as ours as parents she instantly referred us to a pediatric ophthalmologist. Of course our appointment was set back a couple months because we are sent to one of the best pediatric ophthalmology offices in our area. During this time waiting I wanted to write about it, but I wanted to wait till I knew everything.

Today was the big appointment, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I was afraid how she would react to the scary eye equipment. With all the testing that the doctor did, Helen did a wonderful job sitting still. The doctor was able to get everything plus more he needed and was pleased with her behavior. I was very satisfied how welcoming and warming the office was.
 The outcome is she does have esotropia in her right eye, as well as in her left eye. Her right eye has the esotropia worse than her left eye though. There are a few options to start working on solving the esotropia, one is she will start wearing glasses. We ordered her purple glasses and they are cute! She will go back for a follow up in two months to see the progress from wearing the glasses. The glasses are to keep the eyes aligned by helping a very farsighted eye to focus without having to turn in. We are hoping this does the trick, if not she will probably have to wear a patch sometimes. We are hoping she takes the transition to wearing glasses somewhat decent. We know it will be new to her and at her age with glasses; she is only 17 months.
I have to admit, she does look cute with glasses on.

2 comments

Kim S. said...

I nominated you for a Liebster Award!
http://mylifeaccordingtopinterest.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

Kaitlyn Hoffman said...

Thank you so much!