Helen's New Eye Glasses

Helen's new glasses have arrived.  Much to my surprise she was boasted with excitement when I announced to her that her new pretty blue eye glasses were in, and that it was time to pick them up at her eye Doctors last Friday. She even clapped so I clapped with my own excitement along with her. As her Mother I didn't know if her excitement would wear off on the drive to the eye Doctors office or not. Which emotions would I encounter from her once I pick them up when I put them on her? After all she is a whole year older than she was when she had to get her very first pair. Not to mention she was not a huge fan wearing her last pair of eye glasses towards the end before her eye surgery.
 we continued our excitement in the car when we left. I used my "this is going to be fun" Mommy voice. We made our daily pit stop on the way to pick big Sissy up from school. I had my coffee mug next to my drivers seat and my quiet prayers in my head. I knew she was excited that they are blue since I allowed her to pick out her own color this time. Most of all I was just happy that she was showing signs of excitement for her new eye glasses.

Once we picked up Helen's eye glasses at last we put them on her cute little face that very moment. I figured why wait? Lets get them on her right away. The sooner the better. I opened her eye glasses and her face beamed.

"Blue Mama, my glasses are blue!!" Yay!" Are the first words once she saw her eye glasses. Once I put them on her face and fit them just so she says, "Thank you Mama." Oh my, my heart melted I tell ya.


Helen has been doing so great so far at wearing her eye glasses and keeping them on. I'm impressed. The other day she walked up to me and said, "Mama, I wear glasses like princesses and just like you." As my heart melted once again as a Mother I responded back to my sweet girl with something along the lines of "yes you do and they are so pretty, and you are so pretty!"

 We do have to remind her here and there to "try to remember not to touch the lenses so they won't get dirty or scratched." She is getting better at that little by little. The only time she will take them off on her own is when the lenses are dirty. She dislikes when her eye glasses are dirty. But come on who does?! Therefore we clean them right away and put them right back on. No issues what so ever. Things have been going so well Saturday morning when we all woke up she walked out with her eye glasses on. Enter "excited Mommy" voice here. I asked around if anyone had put them on her; no one did. Much to my surprise she did all on her own right away in the morning. Yay!! My big girl so responsible with her new eye glasses and wearing them like a grown princess. I'm so proud of her and pray she continues to wear them with pride and sass!
                     post signature

No comments