DIY Home Decor Under $10

Do not mind my taste in books, they change every so often. But that is far from what Today's post is about. 

Lately I have had the itch to DIY for my home. Something cost effective and simple. Therefore a trip to our Local Meijer's was in order with my youngest while the two older girls were in school. Our youngest gets to do all the fun and not so fun trips with Mommy. It's always easiest when their one on one. Why is that? Why is it that my Daughters are best behaved at the stores when their by themselves with me? Anyways, that is also besides the point. 

One of the points is, you only need a few craft supplies for this simple DIY project.
  • acrylic paint
  • box letter 
  • paint brush
  • paint tray
  • paper towel 
I chose teal and gold to match the colors in my home. Trendy huh? I prefer simple clean lines. You can do a chevron pattern as well. Polka dots for a child's room would be fun too. The how to is where the simple part comes in.
  1. Make sure you have all the price tag stickers on the letter. 
  2. Pant your letter. 
  3. Dry.
  4. Paint a second time if it may need a second coat. Mine did. 
Now find the perfect spot in your living room, dinning room, kitchen and or bedrooms for your letter. Mine will not be staying on the book shelf. For it will be going on the collage wall sitting on a picture self instead. I have yet to buy more picture shelving to hang up. Therefore its home is next to the books for now.  

This project cost me less than 10 dollars. You can't go wrong there. I even have left over paint for my next project that I just can't wait to share with you.

              post signature

1 comment

Silvie said...

I always go shopping with my youngest when the older two are in school. They are also most behaved when it's a one on one shopping with me. :) I love how the letter came out, and the cost is awesome! Happy to be co-hosting the #TGIFHop with you:)