Helen's Eye Journey: No Glasses Update!

I am so bad at keeping updates about Helen's journey. Since the last update about her post-op appointment and a few bumps in the road, I can officially say Helen is fully recovered! Yay! Shout to the roof top.
Helen's very first picture with glasses when her Esotropia journey began.
After we made it over the hurdles during the last phase in her eye recovery from the surgery, it was smooth sailing. Her eye's are producing tears on their own now and working properly.

It is just amazing to look at her and have both eye of her eyes look strait while she looks back at you. I am so thankful for todays Doctors and technology. God's work is truly amazing.

Get ready! The even better news we were told by her eye Doctor is...Helen does not have to wear glasses as of right now. I had to double ask her eye Doctor when he told me at her appointment. She will be going back for her next eye check up in less than 2 months from now. Prayers for Helen are always and still welcomed.

Today Helen is running around, kicking her soccer ball in the house and fighting with her sisters like a normal 2 year old little girl again. I can finally say her eye surgery is behind us. Phew!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Thank you God for being on our side always.
                post signature

5 comments

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

Praise the Lord! - I'm so glad that Helen has recovered and that she doesn't have to wear glasses (even though she is so cute in purply-pink glasses). Happy news - Happy day!
Angie

Kaitlyn Hoffman said...

Thank you so much! I am praying when we go back in for another check up we hear the same great news.

Kaitlyn

Unknown said...

I went back to read about her journey ..what a sweet pea you have - I am so happy to read this amazing news! It's amazing how we can see the blessings that come from hard times. When you wrote that she looks you straight in the eyes and kicks a soccer ball, it pulled my heart strings. What wonderful little blessings that we can so easily take for granted!! Much love to you and Helen!

Rachel said...

Oh, wow!! Yay! This must be so exciting after all the worry beforehand. Vision is definitely a gift!

Unknown said...

Hi! New follower from TGIF Blog Hop. Please visit my blog at http://alewphotography.blogspot.com/