Patch Work

I couldn't think of a better title for this post than Patch Work. I felt it fit just perfectly because that is exactly what we do. No not your typical patch work for jeans with a sewing machine. Our patch work involves doodling and making creating fun desiigns on Helen's eye patches.

We don't always order the really super cute eye patches off line. It's more convenient for us to buy Helen's eye patches from our local stores plus it saves us money.
It is not always an easy task getting Helen to wear her eye patch. Therefore I came up with the idea that we all decorate each patch for her when she wears them. Helen loved the idea as did her sisters.

They all enjoy decorating the patches and I am to believe it has helped with the battle to get her to wear the patch. Right now her pediatric optometrists has ordered her to wear a patch every day for on hour on one eye. Then the next day the other eye for one eye. Get the drift? Once she has the surgery we will find out whats next.

We do get smiles while she wears her eye patch. She continues her day just as if she were not wearing one. Words can't describe how proud I am of her. She has been so strong through all of this and I know she will continue to be strong! post signature

2 comments

Rachel said...

I think that's a great idea you had to have her and the other girls decorate her eye patches!

Unknown said...

I like that idea also .