An Experience I'll Never Forget

We all have had experiences in life that we will never forget. Some good some bad. Some of those experiences stay in the back of our minds as if they were a movie and we could hit replay.

A little background history. I always dreamt of becoming a famous model or a model in general. When I was younger obviously that did not happen. Could it have happened? We honestly will never know. Modeling has a past history on my Mother's side of the family. My grandmother was into modeling as well as my own Mother was a model.

After my Mother found out a major casting/modeling agency was going to be coming to town she informed me about the news. I thought about it and decided what the heck why not.

I walk into the large lobby of the nice hotel and instantly feel overwhelmed. I was not the only girl there. I was there with at least a hundred other girls with the same idea, the same dream.

In my vast memory we follow the instructions as the morning continues. It was my turn. I walked into the small air tight room with a handful of girls. We stood in a line at the front of a long table where the scouts sat. Silence. Pure silence as they studied us and gawked. If your card was flipped you were one of the chosen to move on. They used the cards from a set of 52 deck of cards.

What felt like an hour I'm sure was only a few minutes. It was time. They were getting ready to flip the cards. I was either going home or staying for the meeting to hear all the information for what entails next. I couldn't believe it...they flipped my card.

I was in shock and will never forget that moment. I was one of the 52 girls chosen to move on out of a hundred plus girls. The next place was Chicago. But that did not happen. Why? Because other family priorities happened. To this day we will never know how far I could have made it. I'm okay with that because I have learned that everything happens for a reason. God had a plan. Why was I one of the few chosen? I will never know. But the experience I will never forget and will always cherish.


What experience will you never forget??

                   
post signature

1 comment

Amanda Moments said...

That is so cool that you have modeling in your family! I had this same experience in high school when I went to a modeling scout. I was selected to move on, but we couldn't afford to take it any further, and eventually I just became proud of the fact that I was good enough for one round. For a very small period I wanted to be a model, but I grew out of that dream. It is fun to wonder 'what if' sometimes though!