Celery Flower Stamp: Valentine's Mini Series

Valentines is such a sweet holiday. Literally with candies and chocolates and the sweet smells of flowers filling the stores when we walk in the doors. I don't know about you but it draws me in. There is just something in the air around Valentine's day.

I am to believe I have rubbed that belief off to my own daughters. They too now enjoy Valentine's day. Not for the love, but for the thought of doing something from your heart or making something for friends and/ or family. In all reality Valentine's day does not have to be about buying that expensive necklace for your significant other. And to be honest I have never asked my husband for a piece of jewelery for Valentine's day. Crazy huh?

With that being said I am doing a mini Valentine's series this week. I am so geeked. There will be kid friendly crafts, giveaways that you will not want to miss and link ups, and a guest post. I know a lot going on this week so stay tunes and make sure you follow three sisters and us GFC to keep up with the latest information.

The Celery Flower Stamp
(kid friendly! All ages 0-3 may need parental help.)

Craft Supplies
* Fresh Celery (One talk makes one stamp. So buy according to how many stamps you need.)
* Red or pink acrylic paint. (I'm sure other washable paint will work as well.)
*Paint shirts.
*Paint tray/ doubled paper plates/ doubled computer paper (To put paint on.)
* Cards or whatever you plan on using. 


Directions
1. Cut the end of the celery off. Leave about 2-3 inches for the stamp. Put the rest of the celery in the fridge for a snack. 
2. Get your paint ready and your paint shirts.
3. Dip your celery stamp and start stamping away. So simple!
4. Inside Tips. Make sure you use enough paint. I learned that how the celery stamp works the best. You may need to shift from side to side once you stamp it to get the full flower. 






                    post signature

3 comments

Unknown said...

Oh my. Love, Love, LOVE this! I will have to try this with my little one. Thank you for sharing such a sweet idea and I look forward to more valentine's posts!! :) {also, thanks for visiting my blog! i love finding fellow mommy bloggers} <3

Darlene Nemeth said...

That is pretty cool and it looks like fun. My granddaughter and I will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week, Darlene

Rachel said...

Wow, now that's something I've never seen done before!! Who would have thought that you could make a rose print with celery!! Cool!
And I like celebrating Valentine's day with crafts and fun outings. Our first year together, Angel burst into my Spanish classroom with a bouquet of purple roses on Valentine's Day. I'm not much of a traditionalist....but man, I have to say I was quite impressed with my husband that day!!