The Not So Typical Birthday Post!!

It would be to cliche if I started out by saying, I can't believe I am another year old right? So instead I will say I can't believe I am only four years away from turning 30. I have made it over that hump of 25 years of age onto the other side. I am no longer in my early twenties.
Yes that is a sneak peak of my husband! We don't see or hear much from him on the blog! Maybe we should?! What do you think??

Now that I am in my late twenties I officially feel like I have gained the respect that adults get. It seems though I now get respect from others as a mother compared to when I started out. I even feel older and wiser. Fancy that! Even though I would have loved to stay young, I am embracing this whole aging thing as a mother with my amazing daughters to share it with.

That brings me to celebrating birthdays with our children as mothers or even as fathers. I have noticed when we become a mother or even father we try our best to keep our birthdays alive. But when it comes to reality, it's hard. As a parent our birthdays can become buried into our busy schedules. Some birthdays cane feel just like any ordinary day. When our children are young they don't always understand that you do not want to wake up at 6 AM on your birthday. Especially when it falls on a Saturday. But this is what we sign up for and I wouldn't change it for the world!
Though I have noticed there is hope. The older our children get they start to remember our birthdays. That's when it becomes really special. Even more special than our childhood birthdays. To me at least. Why? Because For the first year ever, our 7 year old daughter daughter knew it was my birthday and made me a card and handmade gift.

Even though this month my birthday became buried in my busy schedule, my 7 year old daughter took her time to remind me. That's what makes a birthday as a mother truly special and the best ever.




1 comment

Queen Mom Jen said...

Happy Birthday! Oh man I won't tell you what I hump I just busted over last year, but way past my 20's. Enjoy this time of your life. So nice to meet new Bloggy Mamas!
www.http://practicallyperfectprincess.com