What I Am Thankful For...

As I sat in my chair staring at the computer on my desk, I had no post ready for today. I didn't have a post saved in drafts or even thought of. Then it clicked, I will write a post about what I am thankful for. Of course I start to wonder if that is too cliche? I would sit here and type a post of what I personally am thankful for. Then it hit me, I recently had a reader tell me that my blog was horrible. That reader continued to tell me why and stated somewhere in the conversation that my blog had nothing to do with my children and was all about me. With that being said to me and as I sit here pondering about writing this post I choose to anyways.

What I Am Thankful For...

  • God: Number one on my list that I am thankful for is God. I am a true believe that with God anything can be possible. I am also a believe if you do right in God's eyes he will do right for you. As some of you may already know my husband am I started out as a family at a young age. He was fresh out of Mechanic school and I was fresh out of High school. We didn't have much to start with but handed down furniture, an apartment and family. During those first few years I spent many times visiting our church during the week and speaking with one of the pastors. Today I look back in awe of all that God has blessed us with. My husband has a great job. I am now a stay at home mom. We no longer have to stress for money, food, etc. We now have nice furniture that we have purchased on our own. We are home owners and no longer living the apartment life. All because hard work and not losing faith in God. "Trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths strait. Proverbs 3:5-6
  • Technology: I am thankful for the inventions of today's technology. It has helped my family while my husband is gone for a week at a time for training. It has been useful to keep in touch with family who love out of state. The girls can see their cousins during face time and chat.
  • My parents and in-laws: I am thankful to have my parents and In-laws live near by. I am thankful we are able to visit them for coffee and dinners without having to drive all day. 
  • Medicine: I am thankful for today's medicine. As a chronic migraine sufferer sometimes the natural ways do not always help. I am thankful that today's medicine has helped my Aunt beat breast cancer. I am thankful medicine when my daughter Viv has an asthma attack. 
  • My husband: What kind of wife would I be if I wasn't thankful for my amazing husband?! If it weren't for him I wouldn't be where I am today. I wouldn't have my perfect family. Not only is he my husband he is also my best friend. Okay enough of the lovely mushy stuff, ha ha!
  • My 3 daughters: I never imagined having all girls, let alone three. But I am beyond thankful for them. They are the loves of my life and each one will always hold a special place in my heart. They have molded me into the mother and women I am today. 
  • Blogging: lastly I am thankful for blogging. It has opened doors and opportunities. It is great therapy and I have meet some great women along the way. Some day I hope my blog continues to grow.
What are you Thankful for?



2 comments

Heidi's Wanderings said...

I love when people post what they are thankful for. It's great to see all of the wonderful things going on in your life. Hope you have a great day.

Heidi’s Wanderings

Kaitlyn Hoffman said...

Thank you! We all have to remember to be thankful all year round. :)