Potty Training Essentials: plus FREE printable

It is that time again in our household. You guessed it time to start potty training. It can be an exciting time but also a stressful time for us parents. For my husband and I as parents we were able to experience potty training with our first two daughters completely stress free. Therefore I wanted to share how with all of you, because I know this new transition can be difficult. 

To start off, pictured below are potter training essentials. Pull up for day and night are perfect and gives your child the the sense of Independence when they are not ready for underwear yet. Flushable wipes are great for those messy ones. Although they say they are flushable, I do not flush mine. Fun hand soap is a great way to get them in the hand washing routine. Of course the step stool helps you reach to wash those precious little hands. Every child loves a story, so read one about the potty to warm them up. Trust me it helps. of course you don't want to leave out the potty chart to reward your child. They look forward to putting stickers onto the chart. I have a free printable chart below. lastly, the most important, the potty chair. These days there are an huge variety to choose from. 




Here is how we potty train stress free:
  • we always waited till our daughters we ready. We never pushed them to go on the potty. We would try here and there don't get us wrong. But if we could sense they were not ready, we did not force it upon them. We did not want to scare them. One sign is when they start waking up in the mornings with a dry diaper.
  • With that being said, our girls were ready around 27 month (shortly after turning 2 years) and were trained in 2 weeks stress free.
  • We used the timer method. Every half hour- hour we tried sitting on the potty.
  • We used rewards and the potty chart. M&ms worked great!
What worked best for your child?



Please note: I am not a potty training expert or Doctor.

3 comments

Vivian said...

Thank you so much, I am potty training my daughter and it is not going too well. I invite you to link up your blog at our blog hop http://www.thefamilyfunspot.com/2013/11/bloggers-unidas-2.html have a great day!

Kaitlyn Hoffman said...

You are welcome! I hope your potty training journey gets easier.

Anonymous said...

learn how to train child potty:>> http://tinyurl.com/PottyTraining7
After two utterly miserable weeks of my husband and I trying to train our son on our own to go to the bathroom ... I decided to find a method to help me teach my son go to the bathroom.
My son was in the stages furthest from the regression, kicked and screamed when he would sit on his potty. Not to mention to go into hiding whenever he had to go.
We use the methods of a book that you download from the internet and I was speechless after my husband and I attended our son sitting in her bathroom, all by itself! 4 days in your program and regression were corrected and we had our first day accident free.