A Hunters Widow

Finally my husband is back from being gone half the week hunting. This is my second year of becoming a Hunters Widow during October. Those of you who's husbands hunt know exactly what I mean. I dread him leaving but at the same time hope he comes back with some meat for all of us. Although this year compared to last year it was a little more crazy around here while he was gone. Our schedules are a tad more hectic with the two older girls in two separate schools. But it's safe to say we managed without Dad in the house. 

A few things I realized while my husband was gone hunting were...


  1. I didn't mind having the bed all to myself for a couple nights. Well sort of to myself including a tiny two year old. I didn't have to hear the nagging of, "Do your knees have to be that high?" Ha ha!
  2. I did miss my morning coffee already made and waiting for me. Yes I am a little spoiled in that department. My husband makes my coffee in the morning before I come out. It's just one of those small things he finally has realized that sets off my mornings perfectly. So I admit, I went one morning while he was gone without my cup of coffee while I walked out the door to drive the girls to school. 
  3. Somehow I was able to keep the house picked up at all times and not trip over his big shoes. Strange. 
  4. I don't sleep well. Yes even though I had the bed to myself. 
  5. Lastly, I missed his presence. So I am glad to have him home again.

Does your husband hunt?

1 comment

2justByou said...

My hubby doesn't hunt anymore, due to an injury, but I remember the hunting trips...I had actually MISSED tripping over the shoes at time. Silly, isn't it?