Christmas Review

All the festivities are complete, and the gifts are all put away; we may now recoup.  Although we have our tree up still and Christmas decorations out; which is unusual for us. I'm the type who wants the tree down and decorations put away right after Christmas. But, this year our daughters had requested that we leave the tree up for a few more days.We were blessed to be able to have Christmas with family. I love getting together with our family for Christmas, but I will admit it can get exhausting once the fun is all over. I never noticed this till I became married and a parent. I wouldn't change it for the world though.
   Santa, or should I say we did a good job this year. I absolutely love the priceless expressions on their faces as they open their gifts. Our daughters were pleased with their gifts they received this year.. After all the treats we snack ed on and the gifts we opened, the most important part was spending it with family and remembering Jesus's birth.





 
Myself as a child, did not believe in Santa ever. I was the one who would tell the other kids he's not real and make them cry. Therefore once our oldest started believing in Santa, I went along with it. I figured it would be fun as a parent, and it sure is. We even had Santa email our daughters this year a video of how well they were doing on the Good or naughty list. I'm sure the older they get, it will get tougher to keep them believing. And even though they believe in Santa, they do know the true meaning behind Christmas.
 How long do you keep your Christmas tree up after the holiday??

3 comments

Corinna @ The Sweet Spot Blog said...

Hi there,
Just stopping over from the Harvest of Friends blog hop! So glad I came across your blog. Now following you on Twitter! If you have a moment to follow back, you can find me at http://thesweetspotblog.com. Thanks!
Corinna from The Sweet Spot Blog

Unknown said...

As long as my wife lets me keep them , I love the memories.

Amber Worden said...

Love the facial expressions! =)