Candied Almonds Recipe

For one of our family Christmas gatherings I made the famous candied almonds. You know the ones that  you smell in the mall this time of the year? I have decided I wanted to make the candied almonds and show off my talent. I did not have a recipe yet, therefore I searched the Internet. There were some pretty complicated recipes out there, along with some simpler ones. First thought that came to my mind was, the the more ingredients the better it would taste right? Wrong, I found some shorter recipes and tweaked them a little into my own. They were a total hit at the party and my daughters loved them also. That's a bonus. These could even make great gifts for next year.

The Simple Candied Almonds

Ingredients
3 cups of whole almonds.
2/3 cup of water
1 tablespoon of cinnamon 
1 cup of white sugar

Cooking Directions
1.) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2.) Spread the almonds on on a baking sheet evenly. place them into the oven for 8-10 minutes. Or until they are lightly brown. They smell wonderful already once you take them out.
3.)While the almonds are in the oven browning, combine the mixture of water, white sugar and cinnamon on medium heat.
4.)Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce while stirring occasionally until it starts to look syrupy and thick.(This will take about 15 minutes.)
Careful the mixture will get very hot and sticky. Plus don't forget about the almonds.
5.)Stir in the almonds cup at a time. Make sure that they all get covered.
6.) Keep cooking the mixture with the almonds in while stirring continually until the liquid appears gone and leaves a sugar coating on the almonds. (This will take about 15 minutes.)
7.)Lay out wax or parchment paper and spread the almonds evenly with a fork as quickly as you can. Let them sit for about 15 minutes again till coating is hardened. 
8.) Enjoy!

8 comments

AnchorsandHoney said...

Wow, thanks for this! I always buy them when I'm in New York.
xx Sandra

Alvina Castro said...

Hi there from the Blog Hop! New follower. You can find me at http://theresmagicoutthere.blogspot.com/ Happy Holidays! Ps. those candied almonds look yummy!

Bev said...

hi. i'm following the "aloha friday" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

thanks
new follower bev

Gina Poirier said...

Yum!!! I'm in love with almond recipes right now. Plus I don't have to spend $5 at the mall for a handful. Thanks!

bonbon said...

Looks delicious! I will have to add this to my recipes of goodies to try. The holidays are the best time to try all these yummy recipes! Just found your blog and have enjoyed looking around and getting to know you better. Hope you don't mind if I follow along!

new follower :)
Bonnie
thelifeofbon.com

Kaitlyn Hoffman said...

I agree, and you can have family taste test! :) Thanks for the follow!

Unknown said...

ahhh these are my favorite!!!! following you back from the hop :) xoxo

Life according to Lenetta said...

Hi I found you through the blog hop. Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance. Have a great week.