Part 3: Marriage Bible Verses

As a wife I know it's sometimes hard sticking to the bible and being the wife in a marriage as God intended us to be. I am not perfect nor do I expect my husband to be. When our faith and love is being tested; That's when I go back and read these verses from the Bible. They always seems to help me grow as a follower of God in my marriage. 
1.“Above All, Love Each Other Deeply, Because Love Covers Over A Multitude Of Sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8
This verse almost says it all. There will be times as a wife when we mess up, it's only human. Or maybe there are moments when your husband makes you angry. Remember this verse. Remember that Love conquers all. So love your husband deeply. 


2."Be completely humble and gentle; be patient with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace."- Ephesians 4:2-3

Another verse that stood out to me that fits perfectly. Even though it could go both ways, right now I look at it as a wife. I take a step back and think deeply what it means as a wife to my husband. In other words, act as God would and there will be peace. It is almost always easier said than done I know, but results are proof.

3. "Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."-Mark 10:9
When my husband and I got married, we told each other we do not believe in divorce. We have been through some trials and that word, has come up in the past. But with being followers of God and putting our faith and trust into our father, no one can separate us.
4."Love each other as I have loved you."-John 15:12
Love your husband as God loves you. Need I say more? 

6 comments

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

Fantastic post! - Thank you so much!
Angie

Unknown said...

I like those verses and God is real , he has shown us in our marriage.

Unknown said...

Fantastic post! Thank you so much for great writing. Thanks all!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://livinghappyonline.com

Unknown said...

I'm not quite married yet, but I have been with the love of my life for almost 3 years now and I have to say that most of these definitely can apply to your strong relationships, too. Thank you so much for sharing! This was definitely a refreshing post to read!

Unknown said...

I love these verses. Thanks for reminding me of them! It's always amazing to turn to scripture when you are feeling down or like you need a little motivation.

Anonymous said...

These are awesome verses! These are great and are just what I need this week. I have been contemplating on a few things with my marriage, but you seemed to help with these verses!