How To Be A Follower; Part 2 Guest post!

Today I am excited to introduce to you Erika; a beautiful mother and wife from the blog Shine On. I was honored when she agreed to be apart of my series about, how to be a follower as a Christian. As I was able to read their stories before I posted them up, I couldn't help but become even more excited for the Lord. I hope this is what this series does for you as well.  


   



 
Hello there, my name is Erika, I'm a wife to one amazing man who loves God and mother to two little girls.
 I blog over at Shine On.
Being a mum is the greatest blessing and responsibility in the world for me.  
     If I didn't have God cheering me on I would be lost.
Today I would like to share with you something that I live by.
Every time we take a decision about our children or our family we remember this:




     Rise your children to please God, don't do it according to the world's standards and values. In eternity, what you invested in their soul will count. Think about Absalom's story, how he had everything going for him but he didn't have God, he lost everything, including his life. 
Don't put money first, clothing, gadgets next exotic vacation or big name university. Those are nice things, but with no value before God.
Don't spend your time and resources for things that don't count in eternity.  
    Even if your child grows up and chooses not to walk with the Lord, you planted a seed in his  hart. God will use that, he would have a foundation to turn to.

( no, sadly this is not our house :) )

Raising children is hard work, I know, and I didn't get to the teenage years yet, oh boy. God will sure here from me 24/7, and the local CLC library too. Somehow feel refreshed and recharged after 30 min in a Christian library during the week.
Reading other blogs helps me too, knowing I'm not alone in this, and learning from other mothers that have been there, done that and survived.
 So, dear mother, you got this, don't ever think to throw the towel and give up, everything will crumble without your gentle touch, never doubt the importance of your work.


2 comments

Sandra said...

Great Series!
We need a reminder of how important family is!

Erika said...

Thank you so much! It was a honour. So excited about this series!